It’s more important than ever before to understand the issues if you want to stay in compliance with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act. In this live webinar Scott Transue will cover the major issues that you need to know in order to stay in compliance.
- What is the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and how did it originate?
- Areas of the FDCPA that trip up even experienced debt collectors
- Allowable 3rd party disclosure…..the most frequent “trap” for collectors
- Mini-Miranda Warnings: What they REALLY mean….
- Why the word “will” can be your biggest enemy….
- Legally collect on a bad check….without going to court
- How to handle being sued by a debtor
- Civil Liability under the Act
Scott Transue is an Enrolled Agent based out of Albany, New York. He owns his own tax preparation and representation firm, and has personally completed over 500 individual tax returns. He has unlimited representation rights for taxpayers and companies experiencing issues with the IRS.
He received a Master of Public Administration degree from the State University of New York at Albany. His professional career has included time as Commissioner of Finance for the City of Gloversville, New York and as a Senior Accountant with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
Credits & Format
This course provides 1.5 General Credit hours
Each lesson is accompanied by a complete note outline plus exercises for immediate practical application.