RFPs got you down? Learn how to get the most from your request for proposal process with valuable tips from a seasoned veteran in the field.Receive the benefit of training from an experienced procurement professional who has personally issued a wide variety of successful request for proposals (RFPs) over a 30year career with the government and nonprofit sector. Be informed as to when an RFP is the proper procurement instrument to use, how to draft a successful RFP document, how to draft a scoring matrix that will assist in getting the best quality vendor, how to work with a department andor scoring committee to make an appropriate award, how to draft a contract as a result of the RFP award, and how to avoid pitfalls in the RFP process.
Date: 2019-09-30 Start Time: End Time:
When Is It Appropriate to Do a Request for Proposal (RFP)?
• When Is It Best to Do a Bid or Quote?
• Should a Request for Information (RFI) Be Issued First?
• Developing an RFI
Developing the RFP Document
• Key Sections to Be Included
• Mandatory Requirements
• Preferred or Scored Technical Criteria
• Vendor Submittals
• Weighted Criteria
• Method of Award
• General Terms and Conditions
• Procurement Schedule and Contacts
• Pricing Pages
Developing the Scoring Matrix
• Must Be Drafted With the RFP Document
• What Criteria Can Be Scored?
• How to Structure the Scored Questions
• Are References Being Scored?
• How to Develop a Reference Questionnaire Scoring Sheet
How to Avoid Pitfalls
• Getting the Vendor Response You Are Looking For
• Avoiding Scoring Problems
• Rejecting Proposals
• Debriefing Vendors
• Vendor Responsibility Review
Drafting a Contract With the Winner
• Terms to Include to Prevent Problems
APICS ,ISM ,Additional credit may be available upon request. Contact Lorman at 866-352-9540 for further information.
Gabrielle (Gabby) A. Hansen-Barran Liebman, LLP