The constant turmoil in the economy both in the US and abroad has made bankruptcy more prevalent than ever before. In this program Scott Transue will cover some of the new laws and statutes that affect your clients and your practice.
- Understanding the 5 different types of bankruptcy: Chapter 7,9,11,12,13
- What each type of bankruptcy means, both for the debtor and creditor
- “Collection” protocol versus “Bankruptcy” protocol
- New bankruptcy law passed in 2005 – Makes Chapter 7 much harder (walk-away bankruptcy)
- A debtor tells me they are filing bankruptcy – Now what?
- Your rights as a creditor during any bankruptcy proceeding
- How to fully protect what you are owed
- Strategy if you’re never notified of a debtor’s bankruptcy
Credits You’ll Earn:
FL 2g/2cert, SC 1.5g
- g = general
- e = ethics
- cert = business litigation certification
- self = Self study