The seminar will expand upon various ethical obligations that an attorney has towards his/her clients when using technology (e.g., cloud computing, digital currencies, encryption, wireless connection). The members will learn about the applicable rules when using technology for client matters. The seminar will expand upon an attorney’s duties of confidentiality and competence when using technology to transmit or store confidential client information. This seminar will also elaborate upon an attorney’s duties when the technology is susceptible to unauthorized access by third parties. Mr. Atrizadeh will discuss the basic technologies and associated risks. He will also elaborate upon recent ethics opinions.
During this seminar you will learn more about the following:
- What are the mandatory steps to evaluate technology?
- What are the duties when using technology to transmit or store confidential client information?
- What are the duties when the technology is susceptible to unauthorized access by third parties?
- What are the relevant authorities?
- How can the attorney protect him/herself against liability?
- What is Bitcoin and can it be used by law firms?
Credits You’ll Earn:
FL 2g/1.5cert, CA 2g, NY 2g, OR 1.5g, WASH 1.5g, NJ 2g, TX 2g, CO 2g, GA 1.5g, TN 1.5g
- g = general
- e = ethics
- cert = business litigation certification